Sunday, December 30, 2007

Best of 2007...
This year had some good music and movie releases. I thought I'd list a few of my favorites:

My top 20 favorite album releases of the year:
1. Interpol: Our Love To Admire
2. Arcade Fire: Neon Bible
3. Band of Horses: Cease To Begin
4. Blonde Redhead: 23
5. Menomena:Friend and Foe
6. Stars: In Our Bedroom After the War
7. Voxtrot: Voxtrot
8. The Shins: Wincing the Night Away
9. Spoon: Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
10. Okkervil River: The Stage Names
11. Architecture in Helsinki: Places Like This
12. Shout Out Louds: Our Ill Wills
13. Bishop Allen: The Broken String
14. Radiohead: In Rainbows
15. 1990's: Cookies
16. Editors: An End Has a Start
17. White Rabbits: Fort Nightly
18. Arctic Monkeys: Favourite Worst Nightmare
19. Feist: The Reminder
20. !!!: Myth Takes

Albums I was a little disappointed with and wished they were on my favorites:
-Bright Eyes: Cassadega
-Robbers on High Street: Grand Animals

My favorite live concerts of the year (in no particular order):
-Voxtrot
-1990's
-White Rabbits
-Youth Group
-The Stills
-Under the Influence of Giants

My favorite Movie releases of the year (in no particular order):
-Control
-Into the Wild
-Darjeeling Limited
-Once
-The Bourne Ultimatum

I know there are other movies out there that I haven't seen yet, but these are my favorites that I have seen.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Happy New Year!




3 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger neilometer said...

Kev,

Nice list. I really liked Cassadaga and would have put Bright Eyes on the list in lieu of any of the following bands(not that there is anything wrong with them):

Architecture in Helsinki
Spoon
Voxtrot
Blonde Redhead

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kmo said...

Yeah, I agree it was good, but for me it didn't stand up to their previous work or a lot of the other bands for the year.

 
At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list. We have a lot of common favorites from the year. I have to say, I haven't heard of Allen Bishop but the rest are top notch. I can't remember any super good movies this year but if I saw Darjeeling Unlimited, I would have probably liked it. That, and Juno or Sweeney Todd would have been up there. I guess Control would be my pick of the year. How about best TV shows of the past year? I'd say definitely 30 Rock (even though it premeired in '06) and Lost (solid as ever). I'm looking forward to seeing Blonde Redhead in two weeks. The night prior, The Editors, Hot Hot Heat and Louis XIV come to Boston it should be a fun time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home