Sunday, June 24, 2007

Voxtrot In concert!
Well, guys.... I got to see Voxtrot in concert last week. They were excellent! Ramesh and co. pulled it off. The concert had high energy and people seemed into the music quite a bit. Ramesh even made a comment about how he was told that at the NYC concerts no one ever dances, but a few up front were dancing somewhat. I had the opportunity to see them in concert around 2 years ago in a smaller venue. The only differences I saw from this concert was that they were a little nervous playing in front of a larger crowd and then the addition of the string orchestra. Now I don't want you to think I have something against orchestras. They sounded good, but I am still of the opinion (as I mentioned in a previous post) that the strings seem out of place with their sound. It was strange considering they used the strings to open up the whole concert which I thought wasn't a good way to start things off. Their best songs that most got into were obviously their oldest from the Raised by Wolves EP. They did 2 encores and it seemed like we would be in store for a 3rd , but no such luck. They ended up singing 2 (?) new songs in addition to a mixture of their old favorites and songs from their latest LP release. Ramesh offered comic relief a few times showing how nervous he was by commenting on how his complete black outfit with non-black shoes made him look like Jerry Seinfeld or Ian Curtis. Very funny..
Anyway, I also thought I'd mention 2 new bands that I have found out about recently that I am enjoying or about to download: White Rabbits and Vampire Weekend. The second has a more eclectic pop sound (and no formal full length album release) while the first of them has a standard indie rock sound. Both are good and worth checking out.. Any good concerts or music suggestions out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home