Monday, June 19, 2006

Currently playing in my ipod: Voxtrot
I heard about this band called Voxtrot first on a podcast... I can't remember specifically which one since I listen to a lot of them. I do recall hearing their song and instantly loving their sound. They are probably not one of "newest" bands around considering they received a lot of buzz last year from the SXSW music festival in Austin. Anyway, since I have recently discovered them I thought I'd tell you a little bit about them (assuming you haven't heard of them). Voxtrot is a 5-piece indie rock band based out of Austin, TX. It is the brainchild of the lead singer and songwriter Ramesh Srivastava. He is a native of Austin, TX, but lived in Glasgow, Scotland for a period of time to pursue a degree. The British/Scottish influences are very evident (think Belle & Sebastian) as you listen to their songs. The band crafts wonderful melodic pop songs while retaining a classic vibe that I have heard compared to the Smiths, or the Stone Roses. Voxtrot have 2 EP's currently out: a self-titled EP and the second is Mothers, Sisters, Daughters, & Wives (just released about 2 months ago). Both were released on their own label Cult Hero Records. I had the privilege of seeing them live in NYC. They were great. If you are interested in checking out more about them here is their website: http://www.voxtrot.net Their website has some great links to their myspace page, Ramesh's blog, band pictures, and a site that has video's some of their recent performances in Minneapolis. I know you will enjoy them as they are quickly becoming one of my favorite bands....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home