Friday, June 30, 2006

As cheesy as it gets..
I was talking to my friend Steve the other day. We were reminiscing about cheesy movies and shows that we saw as a kid. One of Steve's favorites was the movie Flash Gordon. I unfortunately (or maybe I should say "fortunately") haven't seen this thriller in it's entitety. He had been watching it recently and found it quite amusing. For myself, I would say the show that sticks out in my mind the most is Buck Rogers. I watched a whole lot of other cheesy shows as a child, but this one I think wins the prize. This is mostly because I had the opportunity of catching this show sometime recently on cable and seeing the show in a whole new light. Between the tight spandex (worn by the men AND women), the robot that looks like an overgrown trashcan, the hawk man, and the campy one liners I was totally floored that I had once been in love with the show. I guess when you are young you are entertained by anything. Hmmm, maybe this can explain Barney..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home