Monday, August 07, 2006





My European Vacation...
It's been a while since I have posted something and that is for good reason... The last 18 days I have travelling in Europe. I had full intentions of posting some entries from there, but I was too caught up in my travels. So I thought I'd mention some highlights of my trip with a few snapshots of me in various places.
My trip was with a group of friends to Spain, France, and Italy. We went to the cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Nice, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Pompeii, Sorrento among others (basically following the Mediterranean coast). Overall, the trip was very packed with travelling and seeing each city. The tour we were on was very fast paced so when I got home I felt like I needed to relax a bit before returning to the normal "grind". The weather was very hot throughout the cities I was in. So this made the sightseeing a little more exhausting. Although, the Mediterranean beaches were nice place to cool off.
I did a journal of the trip which captured a lot of my insights to the places I went and things we did. There is no way to capture all that in one blog entry so I thought I would list my favorite highlights of the trip to give a snapshot on the things I enjoyed the most:
  • Antonio Gaudi's buildings in Barcelona, Spain - I love his Art Nouveau/ gothic style
  • Cinque Terre (5 quaint villages on the mountainous coast of the Italian Riviera) - a step back in time..
  • The Roman Forum and Colessum in Rome, Italy - the history was almost overwhelming!
  • Pompeii and learning more of how this former town of 20,000 lived - very fascinating
  • The Amalfi Coast of Italy... what more can I say than breathtaking
Well I have included a few pictures of me above in different places (Barcelona, Florence, Pisa, Capri, and Rome). I'd love to hear your comments if you have travelled to any of these places recently and your thoughts..

5 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome trip, Kev! Sar & I just got back from Argentina. It was a blast.

 
At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for taking Neil and me around NYC. I remember you telling us about this trip and I'm so jealous. It looked like it was incredible.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Kmo said...

To Rob- That sounds like a fun trip. I have never been to South America. I'll have to check out some of your pics.
To Kim- No problem. I enjoyed hanging out with you guys. It was definitely a fun trip!

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Kmo- Hey, howzit goin? I'm just putting this here because Kim was teasing me about not commenting.

Latest eMusic:
Amy Rigby
Tom Vek

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Kmo said...

Neil- I am glad you called her bluff! Anyway, nice music selection. I know Tom Vek. Almost anything on his label (Startime International) is pretty much awesome. It is probably one of favorite labels. I haven't listened to any of Amy Rigby. I'll have to check her out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home